Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Birthday Weekend


In the past, this week has always been a crazy one. Matt's birthday was on the 23rd, Dad's on the 24th, and Jeff's on the 25th!
It has always been expected that Liz, Ali and I were to make Matt's favorite cake and leave it on his bed for him. We couldn't bring ourselves to break the tradition this year, even though he's not with us anymore. We made him his cake, and an awesome card, courtesy of Al's artistic drawing abilities! His grave was covered in snow but its always humbling to visit and it was fun to see that others had left birthday wishes as well.
For Dad's birthday the fam got together and we feasted on crabs legs! I felt like it was my birthday!! He'd probably kill me for publishing his age on the web but lets just say he's well past half a century!

And for Jeffery's birthday...let's just say I'm stoked it's the last one he's not here for! 54 days and counting baby! I can't even wait! I sent him a package (that probably won't reach him till he's on his way home) but hopefully a big long love note on Wednesday will suffice!

1 comment: